Cardiff student market overview
- Cardiff has good- quality universities but low PBSA stock (Knight Frank)
- 3 world-class universities
- Fastest rising student rental growth in the UK
- Around 40,000 students
- Current shortage of 21,016 managed beds
- 26% of all students from overseas
- UK’s most affordable student city
- High retention rate: 41% of students remain in the city
WHY STUDENT ACCOMODATION AS AN INVESTMENT?
- Purpose-Built Student Accommodation (PBSA) can offer lucrative investment returns. Thanks to the fact that the usual macro and micro-environmental forces that affect buy-to-let property don’t apply to student, it’s a sector that can stand on its own two feet and show resiliance through a recession.